Thursday 11 August 2005

Chicken Scratch Sampler Bag

Sometimes I scare myself. It goes something like this - I was making a quick jeans bags, but it has been waylaid by a whole lot of other bags it wants to play with.

So, I thought I would just grab a bag of scraps, left over from making my apron, maybe add a bit of the purple gingham I had been Chicken Scratching (well, purple and pink, why not?). Because I wanted to play with seeing if I could put CS on CQ. And yes - this is all cottons - I don't have any hangups about using cottons for CQ.

And, I had made those stampings - may as well use them.

And, if I looked at all the pictures around of Chicken Scratch, I might just try and put a sample of this one here, and that one there ........

CSBag

So far I have worked the conventional CS on the left of the blue sweet peas, and a piece from Dawn's vintage one to the right. Interesting pattern that one - more later. Now I am off working on the bottom lefthand side.

I have moved on to Anchor perle #8 crochet cotton, and it is a dream to work with.

I usually wouldn't touch gingham in a CQ, as it is so strong. But in this case I wanted a sampler. And I wanted to see if the Chicken Scratch toned down the gingham enough to make it usable.

And there is always my old approach of - if you have a fault, make it a feature - and see what happens.

Oh, yes, and I still need a shopping bag. This is it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Frances said...

oh how totally cute! You can tell I read your blog because I recognize all the pieces...this is what I love about crazy quilting...isn't it fun to pull together all these unrelated pieces! Very cool!

9:15 am  
Blogger Grangry said...

Its lovely, and an interesting project to boot!

4:41 pm  
Blogger Dawn said...

How interesting! I like it! and am looking forward to watching the progress. Using all cottons doesn't bother me either Linda. Must have some 'rebel' blood in me somewhere. :-)

10:18 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Wow Linda! This is going to be fun to watch! I don't mind all cotton either. I say, whatever works.

4:19 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh Linda, how lovely! I have a suitcase full of scraps of fabric, but to be able to put it together like that and make something unique...nah, just not creative! Sigh....

10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home