Friday 5 August 2005

Yes, but .....

Sharon and Sharon (well, one Sharon is Sharlee) aka the Bobbsy Twins both reckon I should keep embellishing my denim bag until there is no denim to be seen, and then embellish on top of that. Well, that is what I THINK they are saying.

But I want a BAG!!!! To carry things around in. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *picture tantrum being thrown*.

Oh Well - I just might have to make two! One for now, and one for later. *grin*

In the meantime, Sharon has posted a picture and the story of a stunning jeans bag she has made - and I genuinely think she should name in her will which museum that bag should go to. Seriously - I'll bet there are not many 1970s jeans bags in collections, and there should be.

And I have dug out a picture of a small bag I made once as an exercise, that I do use - even though the cord is a bit shorter than I would like.

So I am a woman of the seventies - I do like working with jeans. The little bits of detail are fun.

JeansBag

The motif is from Marsha Michler's motif book, and I worked it in crochet cottons and seed beads. I like crochet cotton on denim - the coarseness of it sort of fits the medium - and I have got a fair bit of it. I was mucking aorund with simple stiches, and I like this combination.

This gives an idea of the size:

JeansBag2

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Very pretty, Linda. I do like those colours with the denim. In fact I am going to go against the flow here and say I prefer this simple design on a material like that, to heaps of embellishment as suggested. Just my opinion, and I have no doubt that whatever you do will look sensational as always!

12:50 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - you raise a good point about embroidery on denim in the 70's I have never seen any of the institutions collecting or even documenting it. It's a study for someone who wants to take it up as it was quite a trend and I think it could be found in all the first world countries.

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home