Monday 8 August 2005

Chicken Scratch

Well, I have taken the plunge and, after talking about it for so long, have tried my first piece of Chicken Scratch.

This is what I produced:

CS Heart1

The pattern and instructions are HERE. So you would think that, instead of like another blogger I could name, I would have got it right. But no - I did exactly what she did and started on the wrong square!!!!

And I added a little extra stitch around the side, just to play, since this is not going to be the best piece I ever do.

Starting on the right square is really important. So I started again, and this is what it should look like:

CSHeart2

I am also putting a smaller one on, so you can see the overall effect without concentrating on the stitches:

CSHeart2

And that was when I noticed I had one snowflake too many at upper left. Never mind - I can take it out.

I really enjoyed this, and once I got into the rhythm, it was really easy.

This one is worked in DMC perle #8 crochet thread (the dark purple), and some Coates white chain mercerised #20 - which twists like heck, but was all I had on hand. It gave a lovely lacey effect for this piece, but is far too thin for the one I am working on now - more about it tomorrow. I think I need to go and look at candlewicking thread. Or maybe even follow instructions and use stranded floss.

And yes, it is purple.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nansews said...

I must try this looks lovely.

5:09 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, that other blogger couldn't possibly be me could it? LOL!!! Very pretty! It's fun to do too, isn't it?

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home