Saturday 6 August 2005

Chasing Denim

I have had a look at Australian Museums and Galleries Online, and there is almost nothing under "denim". So no-one seems to be collecting much from the 1970s and Sharon, your bag may be very important. The site is not working perfectly for me at the minute - I am trying to remember which Museum in recent years acquired a Kombi van painted in hippy colours ......

In the meantime, my bag progresses:

JeansBagnext

And I don't know which of the three Maureens it was that left the comment that I should frame it. Aaaaagh!!!! I have no room left on my walls for frames, and no bags!!!!! I needs a bag.

I have embroidered a bluebird (which shows up better in real life, and been auditioning scarves to go through the tabs. I have some nice ones from my corporate life, but have to keep reminding myself that this is a knockabout bag, so my good silk scarves deserve better treatment.

And, although it is reasonable to embroider, denim does not easily take fine crazypatch work. So I have grabbed one of my pieced Hearts - I think I will do some finer work on that, and then applique it down. Maybe even open at the top as another pocket?????

And, speaking of Hearts - Joan from my Thursday class is looking for a six inch Heart to swap for this one:

Joan1

Joan does beautiful embroidery - the tiger lily at the base is her work, and is just beautiful. First swap preferences are for people on the Chains of Hearts list - and Joan is making more - just I have to play matchmaker, as she is not on the internet.

Late Note: it is gone - but Joan will be making more.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Joan's work is incredible and doesn't the tatting show to perfection on the jean cut-offs! While in a craft store recently, one of the booths featured jean cut-off purses and were they ever cute.

12:01 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Actually, that reminds me - I saw them in a local Spotlight a few weeks ago - maybe that is what reminded me - although that bag just had random buttons sewn onto it.

12:05 pm  
Blogger Maureen said...

I cannot tell a lie,
'twas me chloe--
Maureentoo;
not one or three!!

BTW I see you're favouring a scarf to tone with those leggings!!
(maureentoo)

4:58 pm  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda if you are going to cary on embellishing like this I am going to have to make a bag too! I am frantically trying to complete my latest block so I can justify starting a new project!

5:06 pm  
Blogger susan sorrell said...

Chloe..make sure you add a lot of beads and embellishments. The bag needs to sparkle!!
SuSan
http://creativechick.blog-city.com

12:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home