Thursday 4 August 2005

A New UFO is Born

It was supposed to be simple. The other day I was off somewhere, and decided I needed a shoulder bag with attitude - at the minute all I have is calico bags (talk about cobbler's children going barefoot).

So, anyway, I thought I would try that trick of cutting the legs off a pair of old jeans, unpicking them a bit, rejoining ...

JeansBag

And this is where I am now - It was supposed to be a quickie. Just I want to keep embellishing. I need to stop and make a bag. Not a hope .....

It will be a UFO, and I will keep carrying calico bags.

(You can imagine this, can't you???? With a narrow crazypatch tie that flares out, threaded through with the handmade cord there at the minute. And jazzy lining, with all sorts of pockets in the lining, as well as using all the ones on the front and back. And, maybe a secret pocket built in behind the zip, in between the bag and lining. Would that be toooo naughty???)

But not too many beads, as this is due to be a knockabout bag - lots of buttons though. When I am finished embroidering. Some time next year.

4 Comments:

Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - seeing this has sent me heading off down memory lane - I am going to post an image of a denim bag over on my blog that I made in my 20's

I think you should embellish like mad

6:52 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Me too!!!!! I agree with sharonb, embellish like there is no tomorrow...

7:16 am  
Blogger Maureen said...

Who says it has to be a BAG?? As SharonB says: Embellish like Crazy...then frame it for "Posterity"
Another survivor of the 70s!

9:29 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh Linda, please don't get me started on one more thing! I'm still trying to make more aprons! What a cool idea! And I know Scott has a pair of jeans that would make a great bag! Lot of holes that could be covered with fancy fabrics and embroidery. I sure wish I didn't need sleep!

3:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home