Sunday 23 April 2006

Wogga Stitches 4

WS1g

For this stitch combination I was wanting to fill a blank space in the middle of the block, but also to use the lines there for a combination that needed their precision.

So first I did the big Cross Stitch, using the see-through plastic ruler to make sure they were as wide as the lines (ie a square result), and that the stitches were half their size apart. (Don't tell anyone - first they were the same distance apart as their size - that didn't work, so they came out).

Then I did the smaller stitches across them. And it was only when I was half way through them that I knew what I was doing next. So I hadn't exactly made sure the ends of those stitches (where you can see the weaving later), were exactly the same distance apart.

What I did last was to take the lighter green, and weave it Chicken Scratch-style between the arms of the smaller crosses.

I quite liked it. So I went off and did this bit:

WS2e

Which is quite complex Chicken Scratch - and the fiddliest bit was getting the crosses the right distance apart. It was out with the see-through ruler again.

I am resisting a temptation to work a smaller daisy in the middle of each section - might try that on another block - that's the good thing about samplers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marty52 said...

Whoa... love this technique... especially the greens in the first picture... stunning!

11:53 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Great seam treatments...
Lovely to see something different..
Keep them coming Chloe!

2:31 pm  
Blogger katiejayinpa said...

This is wonderful. I love the seam treatments, and your color choices. I think mostof all, I love the fact that this is a real contribution to the discussions on crazyquilting and creating a piece.
katiejayinpa

4:45 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Gosh Linda, Chicken Scratch has come a long way since you first discovered it on good old gingham!! I love the way you incorporate versions of it in so much of your work. A unique touch, and very attractive.

12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home