Thursday 20 April 2006

Meeting Judith

Yesterday fates collided at just the right time, and I had the wonderful chance to meet up with Judith, of Judith's Material Musings, who was visiting Melbourne from New Zealand. Judith was also part of the recent classes with Sharonb, so I think we can claim the first international meeting of class students - I think I spotted one from the USA just the other day.

It was a delight to be able to meet Judith, and spend time with her. We looked at each other's class blocks (hers is beautiful), and I was given the privilege of seeing a very beautiful and special crazy-quilted book that a number of her friends from another list had made for her. I hope that if Karen (I think it was you who put it together) (even later note - sorry - thanks Karen, it was Pat!) and any of the others from that list are reading this, that you already know how special that book is - your work and your thoughts are something that I cannot quite find the words to describe. But hopefully you know what I mean.

So Judith and I shared the excursion to Buttonmania and discovered Kimono House together, and then only had time for a quick coffee and sandwich, before I had to head to my next appointment.

But it was a wonderful opportunity to meet a Stitching Sister - thank you, Judith, for your time, and sharing, and for saying ahead that you were coming. I am not in Melbourne often now (it is two and a half hours away), so it was meant to happen. I shall read your blog even closer in future, and I feel I know you so much better now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen 's World said...

Isn't it fun and special to get to meet people we read about and talk to online. I was lucky enough to see Nanci's class block last week and it was a real beauty!

Judith's book was truly a book of love and I felt previledged to work on it. Pat from Gatherings is the one who actually put it together. It was truly a group effort. I would love to see it one day in person.

Karen

9:16 pm  
Blogger sharonb said...

That sounds like so much fun - I am tickled that you met

6:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home