Saturday 22 April 2006

Wogga Stitches 3

Wogga1d

I am having a lovely cold wet autumnal Saturday catching up on stitches and scanning them. Above the definitely finished Block 1 of the Wogga, and here are the rest of the stitch combinations I have uploaded. The block above has the crochet around the edge ready for later joining.

WS1d

This is a perle #8 copy of a combination fro the Davis quilt - although I have added the French Knots - and not always in the middle where they should be.

WS1f

This is a perle #8 Feather Stitch, with a perle #12 Fly Stitch and then a Pistil Stitch. The trick was to realise that the inside section of the Fly Stitch was best running in exactly the same direction as the arm of the Feather Stitch it was joined to. The rest then followed.

WS1e

This was just a quickie. I wanted to try Zig-Zag Chain (the dark green), and then I didn't know what to do with it. On one side is a Fly Stitch with a Straight Stitch (light green) and on the other side a Fly Stitch with a Lazy Daisy (aka Detached Chain) in a multicoloured. All are in perle #8.

WS1c

Here I was seeing how good the lines were in the tailor's samples for me to do Honeycomb Stitch - two or more rows of Cretan Stitch. I'm a bit wonky, but I will work on it. I think the name of the stitch in the middle is Wheat Sheaf???? Three Straight Stitches drawn together. All in perle #8

Bother - I've lost another combination I thought I had uploaded. I'll save it for tomorrow, or I will run out of things to talk about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lil said...

Hi Linda,

Love your wogga block!

I wanted to ask you about the crocheted edges- what a neat alternative for joining.

Did you do a blanket stitch and then crochet around?

Can you share with us?

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration

Lillian

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home