Monday 5 December 2005

Progress on PB3

Peacock Block 3 is progressing. Although this picture is a little drab as the broaches mean I cannot properly close the scanner lid. Or the scanner is upset because of the bright broaches. Something like that.

Peacock Blocks 3b


So far I have put some purple metallic chains on the green block near bottom right - they're not showing up at all. Then I put a seam in the blue lace (under the peacock tail), and beaded the blue lace to the left of that, using the lace pattern to give me a bead pattern.

You can see how it looked before HERE. Then I decided to make a peacock tail in beads - working it out as I went. So I have worked the feathers using bronze bugle beads in a fly stitch, and have beaded the first "eye". Had to stop then and go to bed.

This morning I got up, pinned on the feather and two peacocks, and the large feather motif, just for the record. I have two of these motifs I have been carrying around for years - each time I find a place on this wall hanging for one, it gets overtaken by something else. I am running out of places for it.

But this block is just a smidge too narrow to fit where it has to go - so I make put in a long skinny piece of fabric, and may have a place for the feather at last.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

I can't wait to see this finished!!
I was really inspired to see all your piccies reloaded onto flickr. That feather motif is stunning.

11:35 am  
Blogger Nansews said...

What a shame I cannot see it properly it's a bit dark on my screen...sorry

5:24 pm  
Blogger Dawn said...

That's lovely L! Very, very nice! If you are scanning something that makes closing your scanner lid difficult, then just lay a towel over the item and scan. That's how I manage to get scan of some 'bumpy' stuff.

8:29 pm  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

So beautiful! I love all the different textures you've worked in there. Peacock colors are just the best, so rich and sumptuous and calming/soothing too.

5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home