Progress on PB3
Peacock Block 3 is progressing. Although this picture is a little drab as the broaches mean I cannot properly close the scanner lid. Or the scanner is upset because of the bright broaches. Something like that.
So far I have put some purple metallic chains on the green block near bottom right - they're not showing up at all. Then I put a seam in the blue lace (under the peacock tail), and beaded the blue lace to the left of that, using the lace pattern to give me a bead pattern.
You can see how it looked before HERE. Then I decided to make a peacock tail in beads - working it out as I went. So I have worked the feathers using bronze bugle beads in a fly stitch, and have beaded the first "eye". Had to stop then and go to bed.
This morning I got up, pinned on the feather and two peacocks, and the large feather motif, just for the record. I have two of these motifs I have been carrying around for years - each time I find a place on this wall hanging for one, it gets overtaken by something else. I am running out of places for it.
But this block is just a smidge too narrow to fit where it has to go - so I make put in a long skinny piece of fabric, and may have a place for the feather at last.