Saturday 9 July 2005

Janelle's Fan Block.

This is Janelle's block in the Fan RR - the last one I have to work on before I go off to serious UFO work.

Janelle'sFan

I wanted to post a picture of this before I started work (except I have added the white tatting), to show how lovely the work by Bear, Rae, Allison and Janet is, before I start.

There is a larger version HERE.

When I first got it, I thought there wasn't room for me to add anything - then I found a lot of little spots where I can slip something in, or do a seam. It is like working in miniature on a large scale, and now I have all sorts of ideas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Ooh, isn't that just beautiful! And such an usual example of CQ! Did you do the tatting along the bottom edge of the netted lace?

9:27 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Yes - the tatting is mine - a longer piece than I usually do, but this block is something special.

That one is in Coats 100 Mercer - not sure if you can get that any more - it came from my mil's stash. It is fine, but beautiful.

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home