Sunday 3 July 2005

Getting Closer

Yesterday I joined the two megablocks in the right-hand strip on my peacock wall hanging. So now I have to embellish that long seam across the strip. I feel beads coming on.

Peacocks_July

Then I need to do a little more work on the RR block in the bottom mega-block in the middle strip (well, I know what I mean!), and join those two mega-blocks. Then it is just join the three strips and embellish. This is fitting in between everything else, but I cannot wait to get it finished.

The Apron???? Almost there, but I need apple-green bias binding - and neither of the small towns I am due to visit today sell any bias binding. Wednesday is looking good

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh Linda, it's absolutely breathtaking!

9:39 pm  
Blogger Maureen said...

Linda, if you can't get apple green bias, then get white and paint it with diluted Setacolor. I can never seem to get bias or braid or ribbon in the colour I want so automatically reach for the Setacolours now!

7:09 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Oooh, Thank you Pam. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it to finish. *grin*

And Maureen - good thought - not that I have any setacolour. But I am really debating getting some green fabric with a small pattern out of my mother's stash and cutting my own bias. I have one of those metal thingies that you pull the bias through as you iron it (I think) and wulla, instant bias. Could be interesting. :)

8:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home