Wednesday 16 May 2007

Stitch Combinations 8

One of the stitches I use continually, and seek to vary, is Feather Stitch. Sometimes the variations are very slight. One day the Heavens will open, and I will have worked the perfect variation. Trumpets will sound and the Angels will exalt.

It hasn't happened yet, but I have at least grouped them together in my Stitch Combinations at Flickr.

Stitch combination 5


I don't mind the top one, it also shows off well as it is on a plain background (I needed to break down a big patch). I use that combination of a Detached Chain with a long closing stitch, with a Fly Stitch worked over the top a lot. I came up with it one day out of nowhere, and love it.

Not so keen on the one below.
Stitch combination 7


Back to the Vest. In some ways it is very like another one I did many years ago.

3 Comments:

Blogger Misa said...

I really like that top one!

8:18 am  
Blogger Susan said...

I like them both. I will probably steal them, too, since the feather stitch is one of my favorite ones. The top one looks sort of cactus-like, and I'm doing a desert scene. Thanks for the idea!

2:47 pm  
Blogger Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

I especially like the top one and, like Susan, reminds of somehow of a desert plant. I went for a similar effect in this southwest block.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playswithfibers/149720691/in/set-1579440/

4:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home