Saturday 12 May 2007

Future Directions

I am still enjoying working on my Dragon Vest. And thinking about future directions.

Dragonvest8

After much thought, I am going to see if I can survive without buying anything more. I have enough threads and beads and fabric to last me three lifetimes. Yes, a girl can have too many beads. I think. And too many threads. And far, far too much fabric.

No - it is no use asking me to send it to you. I am not that serious. *grin*

With the Dragon Vest, I am actually working with just using crochet cotton. You can see it in the box at the front. I almost like the austere, textured look to the work - it makes me think about the stitches, and I can't just resort to sewing doodads on there to try and fill it up. And it complements rather than screams for attention with the beautiful dragons.

And I found I couldn't really tell the difference between the Gumnuts silk and the crochet cotton when the stitches were in.

I have never really been the sort to fill stuff up with heaps of luscious silk ribbon embroidery. So I might go off in towards austerity for a while. Which seems rather weird in crazy patch.

But I wonder can I do without buying more books. Probably not!

Today I was out at Old Gippstown again, where I have been working. Cheral and I were picking out a building in which to do some stitching. We have picked out a lovely one, and will head off there soon for a sewing day. More about that soon - but if any of the locals are reading, and want to know when - drop me a line.

Thank you to all who have swung by to welcome me back - life remains busy, but I am getting a little more stitching time again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen 's World said...

Your dragon vest is absolutely beautiful. I'd love to see it in person!

10:10 pm  
Blogger jane said...

I once saw a bumper sticker that said: "Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!" and thought, "Well, that's me!" Sounds like you are in the running! Beautiful vest!

12:48 am  
Blogger Grangry said...

I like using crochet cotton too, I often substitute it for perle cotton. It's so easy to stitch with! I bought a job lot of cream and white and I dye it myself.

2:40 am  
Blogger annetteb said...

I had a look at the close up as well the work is fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished project. Annette

6:16 am  
Blogger Susan said...

The dragon vest is fabulous. It would be so great to be able to examine it up close, but the photo is also good. Thanks!

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home