Monday 4 September 2006

Steps for the week Wk 5 (I think)

Steps for this week 49,420. Yesterday I actually almost got the 10,000 - running around cemeteries photographing headstones for someone, and gardening.

And I have tested the pedometer in my car (I claim it is not as bumpy as his), and when I am wearing it, in the car, it doesn't seem to clock up the steps the same.

Actually, I think it was to do with the angle I was holding it, too.

So look out next week - the lawns are growing. I will get plenty of steps up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rissa said...

Mine only works in the straight up and down position. Sometimes when the waist band of my shorts rolls down, it does not register much of anything. :-(

11:27 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations! That's still a lot of steps, no matter what!

11:30 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - great - I think that is a perfectly respectable count

I think its interesting how the feed back these little things give actually make me think about my level of activity.
Gardening will bring the count up or it does for me but then that is perhaps because I am always leaving secateurs the other end of the garden just when I decide something needs a bit of trim! Or my weeder fork is in the front when I am in the back or I need to get the shovel etc - if I remebered to carry around the tools I would not walk back and forth so much. It sure beats getting your steps up on a treadmill! I don't notice it at all

7:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home