Sunday 3 September 2006

Found in a Sewing Basket 4

Here are a few more pictures from the old needlework baskets - this is a little more from the Fretwork "basket" with the photograph (scroll through recent posts for the story).

This is looking straight down on the cover:

P05543a

Here are some of the items inside - the three and a half pencils in the first ones are slate pencils, from before 1950.

P05543b

P05543i

Above - although a couple of the buckles look shell, all are an early plastic.

P05543j

Above - these two button seem to be pressed metal on wood.

If you would like to see the various baskets with their contents grouped with them, check out my set for Sarah Carter's shop.

I still have two unposted baskets up my sleeve - although the two I have posted are the best. One may appear tomorrow, although I am off for a couple of busy days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

That lid is gorgeous!

11:46 am  
Blogger katiejayinpa said...

I would love to see a tracing of that lid! and....I miss your wogga....

ktj

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home