Thursday 11 May 2006

Looking at Blocks

Mirror5

Not a lot of stitching happening here - well, nothing to write about.

So I have just been looking at how blocks on the Mirror quilt work together - although the lines between them will be stronger after I do their edges. I quite like them - I am enjoying not working with the five-sided section in or near the centre, and I like the overlapping applique piece on the 3rd block - the one on top left.

The other thing is that I have decided to add tatting, but I think they are going to be with coarser cotton, like the two above, as they need to be bulky pieces to hold their own. And I may only use them as white on green, as it needs dumbing back a bit on larger patches.

What I have to do now is edge blocks as I finish them, but resist the pressure to join them as I go. So I can play with all options for the blocks when they are done.

Bet I don't succeed. Bet as soon as I have two edged that I will join them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Hi Chloe, I love watching the progress on these blocks. The seam treatments are beautiful...would you mind if I used some of them on my own work?

Iris Susan

5:17 am  
Blogger Eva said...

It look just lovely and the flower makes me think about springtime. The colour is great.

6:17 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Iris Susan - of course you may use them. :) Please do - that is the greatest compliment, and I post them in the hope they may be useful to someone.

And yes, Eva - we are in autumn here, so it is lovely to think of spring.

9:25 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Very pretty Linda..
I love the seam treatments and the soft pretty colours..

9:26 am  
Blogger Iris said...

Thank you Chloe, I'm working on a block right now that I would like to use a few of your seam treatments on.

6:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home