Sunday 7 May 2006

Mirror Block 2

Today has been cold and wet, as we head into winter, so I am enjoying the "springness" of the Mirror quilt, where I am mirroring stitches on the Wogga quilt.

MB2

This is block 2 in the Mirror quilt, and I have finally settled on my preferred version of this seam treatment:

MS2a

Part of the trick is getting the French Knots in the group of three with a little bit of eye space around each one.

You can see the other versions in my Stitch Combinations - I am trying to group like ones together there now. And I am enjoying working the same combinations over and again, with slight changes.

Did you spot that in this case I have pieced in part of the edging of the supper cloth? I am going to enjoy emphasising it.

And here is one other stitch combination, on my Wogga.

WS3c

I think I am almost happy with this one. The big breakthrough is that I have always started a Fly Stitch group (the green), with the Straight Stitch in the peak. This time I have been working more on starting with the bottom Fly Stitch, then the "top" Fly Stitch, then finally the Straight Stitch. I reckon I get it more even that way.

I'm off now for a couple of days - see everyone Wednesday or Thursday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marty52 said...

These seam treatments are nice, Linda. I like your idea of changing bits here and there until you get to one you think is perfect. Once you get them nailed down, will you be putting them on a sampler or just using the pictures as a reference?

8:57 am  
Blogger allie aller said...

I feel so fortunate to benefit from your experimenting...thanks for posting these!

5:38 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Marty (and waving to Allison),

I am using the actual blocks as the samplers, so I won't be repeating them apart from on the blocks. I am already picking up blocks one and two of the wogga, and referring back to them.

So far I have six blocks, three from each, in the air. If I don't fall for the temptation to join them as I go, they stack and sort nicely in the footstool. :)

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home