Wednesday 7 December 2005

Beading Book and Books in general

This is the beading book I picked up the other day in Book City - not sure if that chain is in other Australian states - it is a discount chain in Victoria.

Book1

It has some nice stuff in it - and appears to have come out of England. I was particularly looking for seam treatments, and there are a few - not a lot, but a few, and a rather nice wired dragonfly I might attempt to make with thread and then sew down.

And, at $12.95 Australian, I reckon it was quite cheap. 112 pages, lots of nice coloured pictures and clear diagrams.

Here is the title page for those who want that sort of thing. The ISBN is 1 84400 298 5

Book1a

So - all this has got me thinking about my books. I slipped over to Flickr, and made a set for the books where I have got covers already scanned and loaded. I love books. With a passion. And I am now resisting going off and scanning all the covers of the things I like to use, and talking about them.

I am going to ration myself. Maybe to one a day????

But if you would like to pop over and have a look through my Library, it is HERE.

And if anyone is interested in having a yarn about books (without posting actual pages, which might have copyright issues), I have set up a little Flickr group. I would love to know about some of the other books out there people find useful/inspirational.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Frances said...

What a cool idea! And particularly great if it crosses international borders! Think of the cool books we'll need to go and get!

3:41 pm  
Blogger Grangry said...

I LOVE books. I have far too many. When I get a new one, I take it straight home, make a coffe, get comfortable and read it from cover to cover. Everything else can wait!

7:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen this website...
http://www.librarything.com/you can catalog your books,no need to scan them and you can tag them to flickr cool site....
w

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home