Friday 12 August 2005

Leeanne's Needlebook

The second stage of my Chicken Scratch Sampler Bag is coming along nicely, but not ready for a post yet. In the meantime, I thought you might like a peep at Leeanne's Needle Book.

Leeanne is one of my students, and chose and pieced the fabrics in this piece, and it then went around the class as a Round Robin, where each person embroidered something. The colours were really stunning, and I wondered if they would work. It came back reminding me of a mediaeval manuscript, and is stunning.

This is how the front looks when it is closed:

Leeanne's Needlebook2


And this is how the whole block looks:

Leeanne's Needlebook

This was on my scanner, and the book is too thick to properly close the lid, so the colours are way out.

So this is a better indication of the colours, although the detail (being my mid-range camera) is not there. And it does not really show how this book just glitters and glows.

Leeanne's Needlebook3

This really is a most excellent piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elly said...

Love, love, LOVE the shisha detail!

8:33 am  
Blogger Maureen said...

........and don't you just love it,when your students come up with such a wonderful piece!
My congratulations to all involved.
Maureen

3:28 pm  
Blogger Maureen said...

p.s. that was Maureen too!

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home