Friday 7 April 2006

Big Buttons

Block15c

I have just finished this section on my class block, and I really wanted to use this big green button for several reasons -

It picked up an exact colour I had used at two other points in the block

It exactly fitted the curve of the scissors

It was the right vintage for the piece

But it was just too big, but I really, really wanted to use it.

So this was the solution. I sewed the button on, and beaded this small butterfly motif. Then I sewed the motif onto the button, which conveniently had four holes. Voila!

I am starting to like the thought of sewing things onto buttons more and more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marty52 said...

Linda, the detail in your block is just amazing... my hat is off to you! Beautiful!!!!!!

8:48 pm  
Blogger allie aller said...

This is a completely exquisite block!
I was so surprised to see your entry about my art bras when I logged in to your blog! You are so kind...

8:28 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - this idea with the button is great - I love it

10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home