Sunday 2 April 2006

Almost there

Block15

I know I have been saying it for a while - but this block is almost finished.

All that I have to do is a branch of flowers top left (you can see a test flower just to the left of the tatting), and a seam over on top right.

And lots and lots and lots of French knots and small beads. Especially on and around the button clusters.

This is the first appearance of the Bluebird at the end of the scissors - I'm not happy with its exact position, as the scissors are such a strong element I need them to point to nothing, so have to move that broach slightly. Maybe to above the Cornflower on the scissors???? It has to be on top (the sky), on that side of the block, as I want it flying in, and not flying out.

(Did you see the Bee inside the scissors? She is there as the females were the workers in the Bee Hives).

Okay - off to other things ......

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobby La said...

Hi Linda,
I agree with you about the new placement for the bluebird brooch, but I'm sure it's long finished by now! I had one of the bluebirds, as did my daughters. We all did huh?
I love the three lacy circles to the left of the woman. Are they made or did you buy them?
I bought one of those daisy wheels, like I had (or my Grandma had) when I was little, but I've forgotton how to use it. Is that what they're made on?
Is this going to be a biggish quilt? Sorry if you've mentioned and I havn't read it...
And Hi!

9:41 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, I have so much enjoyed watching this block build. You have a real knack for placement and color. I agree that the scissors seem to point to the bird but I think the distance is far enough that it's not that obvious. JMO. Your work is stunning as always.

2:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home