Quickie on Peacocks 3
Just a quickie this morning on Peacock Block 3
This is from the camera, not the scanner, which is not as good. But it does not all fit on the scanner.
The block has now been joined to the rest of its strip, but the main news is I have been experimenting with those shell sequins (are they pailettes or similar spelling?) that are around. I have been frantically collecting them, but hadn't tried actually incorporating them in any work. So there are two sets of the larger ones - bottom left and just under the tulip top right.
I got these out again and started thinking about them as I spotted a new colour in my local reject shop - a sort of light emerald - much more a peacock green than the lime ones, which was the only other green I had seen around.
So in bother cases I was experimenting on blending them in with little chains of seed beads. Then I used the smallest ones to make a flower at bottom right.
They have potential - but need a little more work.
I'm off to work in the garden. Beautiful garden weather.