Monday 12 December 2005

Leaving it to the Last Minute

Yep - done it again. Leaving Christmas to the last minute. So the Peacocks are about to get packed away until after Christmas (maybe), and I am off to make at least three Christmas Ornies as special last-minute gifts. And I still have a box (well, matchbox size), to pack for my class lunch on Thursday. And real-life things to do, so I better get my skates on.

Christmas Ornies 2004-4lite

This is the style of Ornie I will make again. Just a square, hung from a point, with a bead drop on the bottom. And I have already printed silk angels to go in the centre.

And at least I know the main thing/s I am getting for Christmas from my beloved. We were making a quick run through a bookshop yesterday (Angus and Robertson at Fountain Gate, Sharlee), and it seemed to have a good craft section. I spied two I hadn't seen around (one I had heard was out), and asked if Christmas hints were in order. The Dear Man grabbed them both, but now we have to play the game of my pretending I haven't seen them or know anything about them.

And I want to read them! Now! I only got a really quick look in the shop. Rats!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Am I allowed to know what titles?

5:39 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, this is so pretty! Now you've inspired me to make some small ornaments.
Just what I needed, one more thing I want to make! Honestly, this is so beautiful, and I love your peacock block as well!

7:31 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Sharon (and waving to Pam),

The trouble is - I don't know the titles, the transaction was so quick. And I cannot look at them now.

One was a silk ribbon book to match the Embroiderer's Stitch Manual (or similar title I already have), and the other was a Marsha Michler book on CQ for indoor decor, or some such thing. Wasn't wrapt in the projects, but I collect Michlers.

Only two weeks to go ....

We take a picnic lunch out bush for Christmas dinenr - wonder can I take my books out there and read while DH has the annual attempt to teach the dog to swim????

8:22 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

LOL - I am wanting the A~Z of Quilting - Country Bumpkins publishers I believe... We don't seem to stock it... Most newsagents have it - I keep telling my eldest daughter that is what I want for Christmas - she keeps saying what about such and such... I have about three books on my wish list - all to do with dragons - nothing to do with stitching...

We are having Christmas Day here - hopefully low key... I do envy you and yours having a 'bush christmas'
I love having everyone - but sometimes I just wish... Still Boxing Day is mine and let a anyone try and change that!!!!!

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home