Christmas Ornies Day I
The Christmas Ornies for this year have progressed.
So far I have:
1. Printed a heap of angel prints on silk. But I ended up liking this one best, so I used it for all three.
2. Drew a four inch square on the foundation, turned it over and repeated it on the other side
3. Did a quick and simple machine piecing around the prints.
4. Turned over, tacked/basted around the four inch line, turned over and trimmed back, leaving a small seam allowance.
5. Added bits of lace and trimming coming in from the side. Some is rather nice wired gold gift-wrap ribbon, minus the wire. It will make nice dragonfly wings some time later.
5. Hooped the two I have six inch hoops for. I need another hoop.
6. Using gold Madeira machine thread, started sewing down anything that moves (ie mainly the trimming). That’s the one at top right.
And, that is it until dark. I am off to garden.