Sunday 8 May 2005

Unidentified Doiley

Several years ago I found this Doiley for $2 in a local Opportunity Shop:

Unidentified Doiley

And I know someone on the 'big" Crazy Quilting Mailing List identified it for me - but I have lost those e-mails in a computer meltdown.

I know it was specific to a European city - maybe is Czechoslovakia???? And that there were on some large webpage that had details of many other forms of lace.

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction??? I haven't cut it up, yet, and think this may be one that manages to outwit my scissors.

2 Comments:

Blogger old lady said...

This looks like a pattern I just got from Nordic Needle. Search on Hungarian if the addy doesn't work.
http://www.nordicneedle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NN&Product_Code=1860&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

2:06 am  
Blogger Metanoia said...

This style is called Kalocsa. There is an Australian magazine called Inspirations and in the current issue - issue 60 - there is step by step instructions on how to create a doily in this style. If you are not in Australia you can buy it online at www.countrybumpkin.com.au
It is my favourite craft magazine. Hope this helps - Metanoia of www.costumewardrobe.com

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home