Saturday 30 April 2005

Peacock Block #20

This is Peacock Block #20 - not that I am working on them in order, it is just I had to draw a plan and give them numbers or I was going to lose track.

Peacock Block20

If you really want to, you can see a bigger pic HERE

Don't forget that, once there, you need to click on it with your cursor or use the enlarge icon to reach full size.

This block is mainly a section from a Doiley that Peggy sent to me. I dyed it using Ozecraft dyes and replaced the french knots in the centre of the flowers (which were coming out) with beads. It is a beautiful and very delicate piece of embroidery, and it was showing a few wear holes in the doiley, so I was glad to be able to give it a new life.

The tatted emblem below it is one where I was experimenting with some Anchor perle #8 crochet cotton - and I am impressed. I don't usually like tatting with over-dyeds as the distance between the colour changes is so great that I reckon the effect is more patchy than blended. In this case you get several colours to a ring as the colour changes so often. Must check out the other colours.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

ooooh, Chloe, I just LOVE peacocks! All your work here is absolutely stunning!! What are you going to do with it, if that is not a stupid question? I have probably missed a vital link somewhere on your Blog which explains what the ultimate plan is for all your patchwork pieces here. I have one of the same doilies that you have used here, and it is in quite good condition. I have many peacocks in my linen collection, on all kinds of doilies and tablecloths, and I have been stitching an old duchess set that I found on eBay a couple of years ago. It had been started but not much work had been done, and there were no instructions, so I was able to do my own thing with the colours. I tried to stick with actual peacock feather colours and I am pleased with how it is turning out. Can I put a pic of it here? Probably not allowed to access somebody else's blog!
Sharlee and I were discussing you at her stitching group yesterday and we are both planning to go AWOL from our respective jobs next time you come to Melbourne and can meet up with us!
Gina

11:40 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Gina,

I will go and have a search for your e-mail addie, in case you are not reading this - but feel free to e-mail the picture to me, and I will put it up here. Would love to.

Or, you could put it up on your blog and I could link to it

I cannot remember if you have photos on your blog - if not, and you are ready to go for it, I can talk you through flickr. Becuase we would love to see some of the stuff in your collection.

11:44 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you Chloe, first for explaining what you are making with your works. Secondly for your interest in my collection. I have just added another post to my blog about what I collect, and eventually I will be putting photos there as well. I have put a couple of photos on my blog via "Hello" which I got on to through the mob that run this blog site. It might be best if I scan my UFO peacock doiley and email it directly to you, then you can do what you like with it as far as what you put on your site. I have a few things to scan in the next few days, so I will be in touch then.
Gina

11:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home