Tuesday 26 April 2005

Here be Dragons

My vest from the Dragon RR is now pieced, and looks like this:

Dragon vest 5

And I still have another piece to make a matching bag.

Here are the promised closups of two of the Dragons:

Dragon vest 2

This one is by Chris, and there is a very close closeup HERE. Once there, you will need to either click on it with your cursor or use the enlarge icon.

This dragon begun as a picture in a 1920 filet-crochet book. I transcribed it to a cross stitch pattern and printed that. I traced around the sections (it was a black and white silhouette thing), and stitched the outline through the tissue paper onto the vest.

My idea was that people would fill in various parts of Clementina, but Chris fell in love with her, and this was the stunning result.

And here is the one by Maureen B:

Dragon vest 3

I think what I will be doing is just doing very simple stitching in greens, browns and golds, so as to not take from the wonderful work everyone has done.

And, I cannot resist it - here is my companion Poochie, lying in her bed beside the computer, demanding a tummy rub.

Poochie

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Frances said...

WOW! That is absolutely fantastic! More close ups when you get time please! :-)

4:41 am  
Blogger Calidore said...

I love the dragons, well done girls. Keep up with the photos - I would love to see more. Poochie is pretty cute to...hehehehe. Ajax would love her, all that fur to pull when he wants to tease her.

11:47 am  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Wowser! Those dragons are fabulous! I'm jealous, as I'm a big dragon fan. Great photos too. And Poochie is a cutie.

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home