Sunday 16 January 2005

Another Hint

At the Retreat in Canberra in Oct 2004, everyone wrote down hints, and these are now on Sharon's site. And now I have another one.

I have spent a good part of the day finishing the six blocks I needed to have mailed out on Friday for a DYB – so I have been doing a lot of piecing. In the past I have kept the tiniest scraps, but never in an organised way. So now I have realised if I have two ice-cream containers on my cutting table, the rubbish goes in one and the tiny scraps go in the other. I put a lid on it, and it comes out again next time I am piecing. And the time after that, and the time after that.

And, when I want to make something really small, like a broach, or maybe even a needlebook, I have all the pieces pre-cut and ready to choose from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home