Monday 9 July 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes

What a difference a day makes.

I woke up this morning, and we were flooded again. With only 16 mm of rain overnight. So the flood was not as high, but enough to make the house uninhabitable. So Mum and I have evacuated to the other house.

My stash is safe - I have packed it in plastic boxes before leaving - which, knowing my luck, are bright orange. Those who know me know I hate orange. But these boxes were cheap, available, and waterproof. My other boxes were cardboard.

And the water did not rise high enough this time to get into the Stash Shed.

So I made everything safe, and evacuated.

Taking my comfort doll with me:

Spirit2

This one is an experiment. And I did find beads last night, in an old box of stuff I had put aside for swaps. So this is how far I got.

I'm not happy with the face on this on, size-wise. I will see how it looks finished, but I think the face needs to be proportionally larger. Like the size of a large bottle top, not a $1 coin.

So, since I evacuated Mum with me, I will get her to draw some more faces tomorrow.

And my beloved has found my missing photograph files - they were hiding in My Music. Obviously I dragged them there by mistake at some point.

So it is a day of mixed news.

Just wish the boxes hadn't been orange.

And yes - Council has said they will reinstate their street works to the original levels, which means I should stop flooding at the slightest rain.

Hope they do it soon (forlorn hope). There is more rain forecast.

This is going to be a long few months.

But at least I am at the house where the threads are stored.

1 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

What message will you put on your doll?

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home