Monday 6 February 2006

More Landscapes

Here are four more Landscapes - in this case by two brilliant local women.

Maureen-scene2

This one is by Maureen Bond, who some readers will know as M3. Wish I had kept a larger size. Maureen made everything, window, tiny CQ, flower pot included. The wall paper is fabric.

The one below is by Jenny, and I think was unfinished at this stage.

Jenny1

Jenny created this one as a Central Australian scene - and it was only as we were looking at it that we realised that the spur coming out from middle right could be seen as a sleeping serpent spirit - complete with a tiny group of threads as a tongue. It is stunning.

Several years ago Jenny (who is not currently active on the net, unfortunately), made two six inch Landscape Hearts to swap through Chains of Hearts. I think I am over-using the word, but these are also stunning. She was basically working with ties that had been unpicked and then washed, giving her all sorts of textures.

Some may also remember Jenny from her "Tie Guts" quilt - a white cot quilt made mainly from the internal sections from ties.

Jenny2

Jenny1

Thanks to Jenny and Maureen for allowing me to post these - they are the end of my Landscape series. And the end of me for a couple of days - back on Thursday.

3 Comments:

Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

These are gorgeous! The sleeping serpent spirit is amazing. I'm in awe, and will be looking at Men's ties in a different manner now. Infact, I can hear the opp shop calling my name! LOL
Hugs
Sandie

9:36 am  
Blogger Marty52 said...

These are beautiful, Linda. Thanks for showing another side of CQ!

9:12 am  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

I admire what you do.....I want so bad to try something like that, but I just never get started....they are beautiful.....

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home