Friday 3 February 2006

Hearts Back and Forth

Not a lot of stitching time around here lately - it is more sauce making and long drives. But I was delighted to receive this Heart from Sandie in South Australia. It was a swap for this Heart.

Sandie

Sandie lives in the beautiful Flinders Ranges, and has recently posted pictures of the scenery to her blog. Well worth a look, especially if you are from overseas and have never heard of the Flinders Ranges. This Heart is very beautiful - thank you Sandie.

In passing - someone out there on Chains of Hearts (where this swapping is happening), was concerned they only had quilter's cottons to use - this one is all quilter's cottons, apart from the picture, and is very lovely. The picture could even be replaced by another piece of QC (I'm tired of typing it and getting the apostrophe right) and it would still be beautiful. It is the composition of colours and shapes, and the embellishment that makes a Heart, not the chemical composition of the fabric.

And, while piecing my Breast Cancer block the other day, I pieced two more Hearts that I will put aside until one day I have a spare minute to embellish them. (In passing, I put out the challenge to see if anyone could pick what I was doing. Two are close, in the comments, three are not. All will hopefully be revealed tomorrow - if I get some more stitching time)

Heart19Heart20



Nobody seems to have wanted to swap my poor, lonely, sad, little Suffragette Heart. Which doesn't stress me, as I like her very much, and she is happy living with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

It was wonderful to be able to swap hearts with you Linda.

2:20 pm  
Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Well, seeing as your posting... I would love to receive your suffragette heart. I have two up for grabs at the moment, so can can have first pick.
I am really looking forward to by baggie. Aren't I a clever girl!

9:33 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Done! Suffragette Heart is yours! :)

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home