Thursday 12 January 2006

Working on Heart #15

I'm still in pickles-making mode, but working on Heart #15 in coffee breaks. This one will be for swapping through Chains of Hearts, the Yahoo group. For this one, I was inspired by the Heart I did in a hurry that I did on my Jeans Bag. This is it:


CS8b


For that one I did the Chicken Scratch by copying crosses from gingham onto tissue paper, and working them:


CS8


Also, if you look at the naked #15, you will see the bare right-hand side that is perfect for Chicken Scratch.

(I really have to watch what I am doing - I see by Statcounter that someone has happened on my blog by looking for "Naked Chloe")

If you look in that set, you will see another Heart I worked direct onto the denim using waste canvas, but that was a higher count, like 14 count, from memory.

So this time I working the crosses using waste canvas, but I think this one is 12 count, and I am working with Perle 12 Finca crochet cotton. I go across a double set of lines to make the crosses, not just one set of lines - all the waste canvas does is give me the perfect grid.


Heart15a


Do call back soon for progress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I see that you're back in your comfort zone with the colours chosen;
I wonder what result we'd get with a search for stripped chloe.
AND,I'm glad you set the record straight about CoH membership.

12:00 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

I'm going to have to try this Linda. It looks so cool! Probably not on one of my valentines but on a bigger piece.

7:48 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hah! I have only one message for you, M2 - that it was very clever of you to pick that this one was pieced a couple of years ago, and dug out to be finished. :)

Next one will be quite different.

(Waving to Pam, who would do stunning Hearts)

4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home