Sunday 22 January 2006

Back in a few days

The fires where I currently am are getting a little worse, but there is no risk right where I am. But I am about to disappear for a couple of days for work-type stuff, so won't be blogging. That's probably going to be the scene Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays for the next few months. Not a lot of time to stitch, but I guess there will be things on the net I won't be able to stop myself talking about.

Very smokey here, and the main fire front is supposed to be about three kilometres from a neighbouring small town. But thanks to the rain a few days ago everything is pretty green, and once the fires run out of state forest there isn't a lot to burn. It means that cars here are getting covered in ash, and there are burnt leaves falling everywhere, but no real safety issues for my immediate area. Although there is a lot of concern for smaller settlements in the edge of the forest just across the river.

There is a huge column for smoke that is hanging over everything - it even shows up on the radar as if it is rain.

So my disappearance is work, not fires, and I will be back in a couple of days.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharonb said...

I know you are not at risk but take care anyway

5:26 pm  
Blogger Shell said...

It still sounds scary - just seeing the smoke billowing close to where you are. I hope you remain safe and have a good trip away!

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home