Wednesday, 21 September 2005

Working on my Balcony

ATJ2

This is the "balcony" on my All That Jazz block. Well, sort of. Well, it will be.

The work on the spokes is modified Chicken Scratch. I used waste canvas for the crosses, removed it and did the weaving. I then added a sparkly gold braid and some of my tatting over the top.

Now I need to add the roses and wisteria to the fan/balcony. But keeping the purple of the wisteria away from that central red section.

Talk about delicate balancing on my balcony - I am still a bit wary of using off-white on this block - and especially so close to the black. But I think it will be okay in the end.

I'm off to work on non-stitching deadlines - back in a few days.

4 Comments:

Blogger kay susan said...

You really are taking chicken scratch to dizzy new heights!

5:50 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - I love the reinterpretation of the chicken scratch - I must admit I wondered if you were going to do that

6:25 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Ditto to the above comments! I would never had believed the old chicken scratched could be done effectively on anything but gingham.

11:58 pm  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

You are such an artist! and..I am in love with the tatting. It is so special, and the chicken scratch is so novel, I like it, it draws the eye quickly and then that leads to the tatting etc.

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home