Sunday 11 September 2005

Vintage Needle Cards

I was just over at Woof Nanny having my daily fix, when I saw she had posted a picture of the Needle Card that I grew up with in the 1960s.

I don't have one of them any more, but I do have this one that was in my m-i-l's stash:

Needlecard

I don't know a thing about Woman's Realm, the magazine that it apparently came with - I wonder can anyone date it, or tell me about it????

Both sides of the card are the same, and it had three sets of needles inside - only the large ones remain. And the words "Empire Made". So I suspect it was an English magazine.

Anyone else got any others????

4 Comments:

Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh, that's a fun one! Thanks for the publicity, lol! And thanks for reading too.

11:16 am  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Linda, thanks for visiting my blog. I do have some of the mile a minute blocks that incorpate angled pieces, similar to crazy quilts. I don't intentionally aim for parallel or straight lines, it just works out that way. I actually like the different slanting ones. Mostly it depends on the scraps I'm working with. Sometimes I fill in with a triangle, or put a strip on an angle on purpose, it depends on how I'm feeling.
There are no hard or fast rules to the making of these blocks.
About the needle cases, I have a few also, somewhere, LOL..moved not long ago, and haven't found everything as yet. If I do, I'll post them over at Pieces. I loved the one you showed us today. Mine are USA and from the 1940's and 50's.

12:37 am  
Blogger Dawn said...

I have one of my Mom's around here 'somewhere' Linda. Will post it to my blog when I find it. :-)

7:53 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

I've never seen a vintage needle card before, very interesting and pretty.

11:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home