Friday 10 June 2005

Pamela's Antique Needlework Pictures

Bloglines is good, but not perfect. I have been suspicious for a while that it is not telling me when all blogs are updated, so I slipped over to Pamela's Kitty&Me Designs, to find a number of beautiful pictures from an 1899 embroidery book Pamela has. They are just wonderful. Run, don't walk, if you haven't seen them.

And Pamela has them on Flickr (previous pictures were on her own server), so you can click on them and look at close-ups - I love the wild rose. And of course, I have added Pamela as a contact, so now I get told when she loads new pictures there, even before she blogs them. I do love Flickr.

But one thing has me wondering - and I know I used to know it for cars. What is Vintage and what is Antique??? We are talking a lot about vintage linen now - should it be antique linen??? Is it something like vintage is over 30 years old and antique is over 40 years old??? Just pulling figures out of the air. Enquiring minds would like to know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Interesting question Linda! I thought of it myself last week but got side tracked and forgot about it. I answered your question at my blog. This is how my husband explained it to me in reference to cars.

As for pics, I'm still storing the small ones at my server but am putting the large ones at Flickr. Now that I know that you're enjoying my 1899 booklet, maybe I will scan some more of it after all. The written instructions are quite intersting to read!

8:08 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh the arguments on eBay about this topic! Some of us older ebay regulars think that it all depends on the individual's age. The under-30's call anything that is pre-1960 "Antique or Vintage", making us Baby Boomers cringe! Two of my dictionaries define antique as "ancient, old-fashioned. A relic of former times". And Vintage in both books only relates to wines. And Pam, my husband also talks about strict rules relating to the age of motorcars and bikes when it comes to classifying them as vintage or antique.

11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home