Saturday 9 April 2005

Apple Blossom "Sampler"

Have I mentioned how much I love my laminator????

I'm not one of those to play with Photoshop, or things like that. So what I have done with the Apple Blossom suppercloth at this point is:

1. I have taken a number of scans of the pattern and finished embroidery.

2. I traced that embroidery onto tissue paper and embroidered my own version - in colours quite different to those of the 1940s.

3. In a simple Word document I inserted a number of those scans, including two of different sizes of the pattern.

4. I outlined those patterns with a fine felt-tip pen, so it is easier to see them through the tissue paper.

Apple blossom

So this is what the printout looks like at this stage. I thought I would scan it, as it may be of use to others - so there is a larger version HERE.

Now I will laminate it, and I have a sturdy "sampler" of this design with traceable master.

I do like my laminator.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Thank you for sharing your design! I'm saving it for future projects :o)

5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home