Sunday 13 February 2005

Phillumeny

Phillumeny is the organised collecting of Matchbox Labels. Well, there you go!

The website for Organised Phillumeny in Australia even tells me there is going to be a national exhibition in Sydney in April 2005. Wish I was there!

Then, there is a website for Matchbox Redheads of Australia. I love it! Just wish some of the pictures were a little larger for me to borrow. Because that one that first arrived in 1946, and was on boxes to 1958 is the one I want. The one I spotted in DH's tin was from 1958 to c.1971.

But there are some other fun ones on there too. Almost enough to make me want to be a phillumenist - I was one as a kid, when they brought out all the different labels and you tried to collect them all - the late 1950s and early 1960s, I think.

So, maybe I have already been a phillumenist. Might have to go to Sydney in April. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home