Saturday 5 February 2005

Old Quilt / Stitch Combinations


Jigsaw-bottom-left
Originally uploaded by LindaB.
Yes Maureen C, this is an old photo I am about to reuse. I had it on my website a few years ago, but had to remove it due to space constraints. Now I am putting it on flickr, so you can all have a look - as I try and work out some of the brilliant stitch combinations.

I am starting with an easy one - the Cretan Stitch and Fly Stitch on the bottom left. It is going on my Suffragette block, which I am working on at the minute - but nothing to show off as yet. Soon.

Wish I knew more about this quilt - I think it has a date of 1897 on it, but I don't know if it is in a private or public collection - I assume USA, although I have lost the box. I only know it as a jigsaw. I shall put the other four corners up in time. In the meantime, I am off to stitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home