Sunday, 12 September 2010



Help!!!! Can anyone name this form of lacemaking/handcraft for me??? Is it weaving? is it a form of macrame? or does it have a name of its own.

I have struck it a few times, but am really having trouble working out how to catalogue and classify it. I am really hoping someone out there in the assembled and impressive knowledge out there can set me right. Please.



Blogger Jocelyn in NZ said...

It looks like Filet Lace to me. Here's a tutorial:

5:01 am  
Blogger sunshine said...

It is netting like a fishermans net is made. Once you make the net background you go into the mesh with a needle and thread and do filling stitches. Yes it is termed filet lace but htis is how it is made if youa re trying to catorgorize it. it is made of a bunch of knots that have an even spacing of loops to make the ent. Then needle woven lace filling hope that helps.

11:36 am  
Blogger sunshine said...

lso of note the tutorial the other person wants you to fallow has machine made netting yours has hand made netting yours is true filet lace hers is not

11:41 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Thank you so much to Jocelyn and Sunshine - knew that someone would know!

I have posted two more on another blog, where there are further examples in the collection.

Thank You!

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home