Friday 27 January 2006

Bushfire update

The bushfires are still burning across the river, and are just as serious, and where I am now remains just as safe. But I am feeling so much for the people there - this is another long sapping wait like 2003.

And that was how it was until I heard on the radio about half an hour ago the unconfirmed news that a camp where I spent a fair proportion of my life in youth work has been destroyed. It is the uncertainty of not knowing if that magic place is gone, that is sapping.

Suddenly, these fires are much more real.

Usually, I enjoy tatting in black, but yesterday's piece, worked as I watched another magic day of tennis on the TV, suddenly has another meaning.

Tatting8

LATER NOTE: I feel guilty saying this - I was relieved to hear it is not Caringal that is gone, but Connan Park. Because any loss is a great saddness. Both are properties of the Scout Association, and Caringal is a wonderful, big training complex. It is still very much at risk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

Glad you are still safe Linda.

I do love tatting and have never seen it done in black before. Fantastic. I found it very difficult to learn from a book, so I still can't do tatting.

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home