Monday 5 September 2005

Katrina Bag progress

No post for the Jeans Bag for this Sunday (which was yesterday anyway), as I have been putting what little time I have towards this bag, which I am hoping to auction for Katrina survivors. And I left my sewing stuff elsewhere anyway.

Katrina2

At this stage I am just working on background seams and anchoring lace - adding a little bit of glitter at the same time - which never shows up well in scans like this.

My next step will be to add some violets with waste-canvas, and then work out what I will be adding in the way of beads, buttons and charms etc. I have already started some tatting in Colourstreams silk, but ran out of the thread colour I wanted. So I feel a need to go shopping.

Do you like the hoop? I had to search everywhere for one, and found this vintage 8 inch hoop that was my mother-in-law's - and it is just perfect.

And e-mails have been flying around behind the scenes about other Katrina options - this bag is just a quickie, as I feel I have to do something. But there may be a little something else some special CQ people are cooking up behind the seams.

5 Comments:

Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - like the hoop it looks quite old with that screw - 8 inch and 9 inch hoops are the best for your hands too as they fit most hands.It is one of the reasons I like 6 inch - 8 inch blocks they fit inot 8 and 9 inch hoops!

In case you or your readers don't know what I am babbling on about in an ideal world when you hold a hoop you should be able to have the hoop sit in the crook of your thumb and your second finger should easily reach the middle of the hoop under your work. If it strains to do so you place tendons in your hand under unnessary strain every time you tension your work with that finger.

7:58 am  
Blogger Finn said...

I love your "beginnings". You do such nice work. I look forward to seeing the progression.

Really neat hoop too. Very clever to look around for one..*S*

11:46 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Linda, this looks beautiful already - and what a wonderful, generous idea to raise funds for the Katrina victims. I hope you will put info on your blog about where people can put bids on for the auction of this item -otherwise I might miss out, and I want to be in there for a chance!!

11:55 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, absolute perfection as always! Your work never ceases to amaze me!

When I finish my current peacock block, which is a gift, I think I'll work up a small bag myself for Katrina Relief.

I really like your hoop! I used to work in hand, but have recently been doing 9 inch blocks, leaving the foundation quite a bit larger to fit into my 12 inch hoop.

3:23 am  
Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful as always and I do love the color purple so! Looking forward to the finish...I think it will do great at auction!

7:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home