Saturday 16 July 2005

Heart for Juliette

Now that I have finished my work in all Round Robins, I am off seriously on my UFOs and other half-finished commitments. And the first of them is a Heart for Juliette, on the Chains of Hearts list at Yahoo.

I have owed one to Juliette for ages, and she has been most patient while life has taken over around me, and I then lost the half-finished Heart. (Hearts are wonderful - they are so small you can take them anywhere to work on them. Trouble is - it also means they are easy to "file" with something else in an out-of-control stash!). However..... I have now given up, and tried to repiece the Heart as much as possible to the one I was making. Took forever to find the Chicory Fairy fabric again, but I did. (Know I promised a fairy to someone else, when I found this fabric. I think it was Janet, so I will ask her, but if it was someone else, feel free to drop me a line).

So now I have the basic, pieced Heart. Almost. It looks like this:

Heart for Juliette

So now I will move my window template (fancy name for a bit of cardboard with a Heart cut out of it), until it tell me exactly how it wants to be.

Then I embellish it, and send it off halfway around the world to Juliette, in England, for her to put on the backing, or mount it however she wishes.

So the Fan Block will have a rest for a little while, while I finish this one off.

Then it is Fan Block, Peacock Wall Hanging, Dragonfly Wall Hanging - and that is as far ahead as I am going to look at the minute. Except there are a couple of other pieced Hearts waiting to be embellished in my folder. But I am not agreeing to swap any more until I know I have one ready to send back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ulla said...

What a lovely heart and I hope Julette loves it.She makes so nice hearts in a "soft"style.
Ulla in the north of Sweden

5:08 pm  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Ooh, how pretty! Linda, is that tatting I see? or is purchased trim?

6:07 am  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

And the blue poppy print looks 30's/40's vintage to me.

6:08 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Hello Ulla and Pam.

Dear Ulla - I saw you on there with a blog name, and went looking and could not find it. Then you told us where you were - and I was so overjoyed to find your blog.

And Pam, yes, it is tatting, but it is a vintage trim a friend found in her aunt's stash. We're not sure if it was commercial or not - there was a fair length of it, and it had a crocheted edge added.

And the fabric is, we think, a 1970s/1980s Liberty fabric - I chose it for the blue poppies (and small print) from my mother's stash, but she thought Liberty when I asked as while ago, but I will check - she really does remember where she got a lot of her fabric from. So do I, for that matter, so I don't know why it surprises me. :)

6:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home