Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas Ornies Day 4

2010-12-16a

Still working on the prototype, before I start mass production. Need to have four in the mail on Monday.

Above: The blocks are placed in an 8 inch hoop, and the design tacked in contrasting cotton.

Then, below, the blocks are trimmed and put into a 6 inch hoop.


2010-12-16b

Then, after doing some quick seams in two strands of Madiera Metallics, I worked the wreath in two layers of off-white rayon, following the tacking, then removed the tacking. One of my tatted snowflakes was then added.


2010-12-16c

To work the wreath, I start at the top and work one side in Feather stitch, finishing at the bottom. Then I work the other side, starting again at the top. Then I work another layer on top - basically building up texture.

Off to get serious about getting these finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home