Saturday 9 June 2007

Antique Irons

P06765

Thought readers might like this little gem that passed by me the other day. It is an electric iron with a plate about three inches long. The other end of that cord is a bakelite bayonet switch that plugs in where you would normally put a light bulb.

And there is no temperature control. What do you do? Keep turning the light switch on and off?

A wild guess at a date of manufacture is 1940s or earlier (based on the cord, which is early, and the bakelite). There is no brand or anything on it.

I went looking to see if I made a Flickr set for antique irons, but I didn't. So they are all on a Flicker Group Antique Irons. More additions welcome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerry said...

Just popping in to say "Hello!" I really like this table and the iron is really fun.

I have you on my blogroll but I get sooooo lazy that I just don't comment as often as I should.

10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home