Sunday 25 June 2006

100 details in 100 days - Day 1

Sharonb has started a minor (or maybe it is major) movement with 100 Details in 100 Days. These, in her case are seam treatments. And a wonderful group are joining in, and stitching along. Or posting their own details.

Life is too busy at the minute, but I do so want to join in - so I am going to do 100 details in 100 days - only mine will be details from the collection on which I am working - and all will be somehow related to Crazy Patch. Some times the bow I draw may be a little long - but I will get there.

For the next few days it is going to be irons - ironing as each piece of fabric is pieced in is important to me.

Here is my favourite iron - as yet undated. It is a spirit iron with a beautiful wooden handle and detailed plate below it. Imagine doing your ironing with the iron being warmed by a flame from the highly inflammable petrol or shellite used in the irons.

P05425

This one will be off for a good cleaning and oiling soon - but rusty as it is, it is still beautiful.

Day 1 down - back tomorrow for Day 2

2 Comments:

Blogger allie aller said...

Linda, I am so glad you are doing this!
That iron is both hilarious and scary to me...but above all, it is so cool. We have sure come a long way, haven't we?

11:48 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

I really enjoyed looking at all your irons . . . so far posted, anyway. I love flat irons. I used to have quite a collection. When I looked at some in antique shops in Pennsylvania this spring, they were $25 and $30 each - mine were $2 back in the early 1970s!

I, too, love my wonderful B & D steam iron, and am glad I don't have to depend on a flat iron, but there's still something about them that pulls me.

Now I want to see how the iron in the vinegar bath cleaned up!

2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home