Wednesday 8 March 2006

International Women's Day

Bra2a

Today is International Women's Day

This blog subscribes to equal access to all things, for all people.

For the younger readers, I am from a time when it was a matter of great surprise for people that I, as a single woman, was able to get a loan in my own name to buy a house. I only got it because I knew a sneaky way to get it from the Superanuation Board - banks wouldn't give house loans to single women.

Things have changed. They need to change more, but they have changed.

It would be nice to see more men stitching, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ulla said...

A lovely tribute to women.
What a n embroidery and what lovely colours.In a way you feel more interesting in the inner of a woman when you see this.
Ulla in the north of Sweden

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home