Wednesday 19 October 2005

New Books

Not a lot of stitching going on around here at the minute, but I do have two new books.

Book1

The first one is my fourth Janet Haig book - very nice, and a few ideas I will follow - but $50 by the time I managed to get it here, with international post and everything. But I do like it - I am gravitating more and more towards the English books - I am giving up my subscription to Embroidery and Cross Stitch (which is Australian) and moving to Stitch, which is English. Stitch challenges my brain.



Book2

And, then there is this one, which I have been looking at for a while. It comes out of the Inspirations stable here in Australia - I gave up on Inspirations years ago - just how many Bunny Rugs can there be????? And I probably wouldn't make many of the bags as they are in the book (but could look at that cover one for ever). But it does have very good instructions and patterns for a number of different bags.

And there is just one bag pattern left I am looking for - a sort of new-moon shape that hangs over the shoulder. It lends itself wonderfully to crazy-patchwork. And I have a dragon I want to turn into a CQ bag.

A bit like this one, but with a flap on it. Must go and look at the pattern books in Spotlight, and see what is around.

And, I really need a few more UFOs - don't I??????

*Bangs head on keyboard and goes back to real world deadlines*


4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Good Morning L

They are both great books aren't they? I have borrowed both of them from the library... The second one is on my list of 'must buys'... I actually have the Inspiration mag that the cover Elizabethan sweet bag is featured... I had some very grand ideas - but I did make some of the yellow flowers using the needle weaving technique - that I found fasinating.... Now as you know someone that works in a bookshop who could possible get titles for you - you just have to ask...
When will you be travelling to Melbourne again??? I have had quite a few free days of late - not by choice... Would love to catch up with you before the 'silly season' gets into full swing...
By the way - a girl can never have TOO many bags...

7:44 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Oh, oh, I was just looking at this book (the bags one) the other day - but because I had the little pink person (age 2) with me who was "walking nicely" round the shelves (or so she kept saying) I didn't have a proper chance to look through it, so bought ANOTHER stitch encyclopeadia instead (is it possible to have to many?) really good to know what you think of the book.

7:44 am  
Blogger Julia said...

I love making bags, not that I use them all, looks like this bag and purse book is one I must have.
Thanks Linda

9:32 am  
Blogger Dawn said...

I have the second book too. Found it at BooksAMillion in the mall in Earth City, MO when we were down there last May. Picked up a few other books too while there. Had to add to my various piles around the house you see. {g}

12:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home