Friday 14 October 2005

Progress on My Jeans Bag

I've finally finished the Blue/Bird Swallow on my Jeans Bag.

JeansBag7

Now I just need to sew down motifs that are just tacked on, and put all the bumpy stuff like buttons on, and make it up.

Wonder if I can get that done this weekend????

I used two strands of DMC throughout of the bird, varying colours and mixing them - and I wanted that primitive look with the stitching. Hopefully it worked.

For those who have come late to my bag - that is Chicken Scratch without the gingham on the Heart.

Some of the other bags are finished in this challenge - you can see them at Bags of Fun

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Like all of your work, this is another beauty, Linda. I look forward to seeing it actually being used as a bag, next time you visit! Just as a sideline, I received a booklet on Chicken Scratch today,with patterns and detailed instructions. I have plenty of gingham; now I just need the time to experiment.

10:27 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Love the blue bird and the chicken scratch, brings back memories of an apron I did way back in primary school, wish I had kept it.

9:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home