Tuesday 29 March 2005

Quilts Launched

I can see myself heading for some serious recovery time. Today we had a lovely community handover for the Quilts of Unity, a project on which I have been working for over 12 months.

I really love these sorts of projects, where you use textiles to draw people in and then, all of a sudden, they are using them to get a message out there that they never thought they would be sending.

In this case, we gave people calico squares, and asked them to do a square for our quilts, celebrating a particular part of the town. Some are inspiring needlework, some are drawings by kids. But they all go together, and have made six quilts that reflect a community.

I'm very happy with them, but would like a chance to put my feet up for a little while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home